Suddenly our world has come to a halt due to Lock-down. We have no option but to stay indoors. Shopping Malls, multiplexes were one of the first places to be closed. And within a few weeks our offices, shops, even online deliveries faced the same fate. And the travel during lockdown is now a major concern for many.
Travel during lockdown banned?
So, why all of this is happening?
Answer in one line would be: “To Save Our Lives”
Here I am listing out some important pointers to consider if you are planning to leave your house.
- Essentials – Shopping for the essentials has not been banned but then we are not allowed to become a crowd at the grocery shopping places. The branded essential shopping outlets such as Reliance Fresh, Dmart, Tata stores are taking all the precautions and allowing only a few people inside the store at a time. But the small grocery stores are not able to manage that much strict rule in their shops. So, please wear masks, keep sanitizers with yourself, and maintain social distancing.
Eg. A few days back after the home ministry allowed the registered shops to open with guidelines, people gathered to buy tambaku and guthka. Is this is how we are going to fight this war with Covid-19?
The price of this and this kind of negligence will be very heavy. Educate as many people you know through phone or internet. This is our responsibility to stop the spread of Corona.
- Morning Jogging & Evening Walks – So many people out there are used to follow a routine for regular walks and joggings but are these habits safe to go outside now for the same? No, it’s not because what if we all decide to go out for our health? We will be the part of the huge crowd then which will only spread the virus further. Please do not step outside of your home for routine activities instead do yoga and exercise at your roof balcony or inside the room. The corona is most deadly for people with underlying diseases and the old age people so please convince your parents and grandparents to stay inside. Help the elderly people around you. Wait till the government allows you to walk and exercise outside.
- Travel Pass during lockdown – Frankly, only those who have an emergency or urgent situations are eligible for the lockdown pass in India. You can move to buy groceries without the passes but for other reasons, you must apply for e-pass on your state or UTs website. The travel pass is only allowing you to travel within the city or district under emergency and urgent situation. Intercity and inter-state travel are strictly banned for the citizens currently. But maybe govt will be allowing the same in a few months.
- Inter-State or Inter-City Travel – Currently, you are not allowed to travel from one city to another even in the case of an emergency. It is a difficult time and we all need to cooperate with government rules so that we can cease the corona cases at earliest.
- Flights and Trains Operations – During the lockdown, all the transport will remain suspended. Therefore, until it is announced by govt it’s better to stay away from the rumors and keep yourself safe.
Eg. Many daily wages labours were stuck near Bandra station because of the rumours that trains will start running. Please do not fall for any rumours and trust only government words and from the government sites or from the reputed news sites.
These are some of the important pointers to be considered today before you plan to step outside of your homes.
- It must be for essential needs.
- Always wear your masks
- Always keep sanitizer handy
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from people.
- Do not use public transport
- Do not use public washrooms
- Don’t panic
- Be positive